Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Christmas Music - Easter Message

So I'm a big fan of Target's piano CD's. You know the cheesy display that plays music at you near the cards? Yeah... those CD's are AWESOME. I bought one of hymn collections and we wore it out in my classroom at daycare. So I bought one at Christmas this last year. I decided to listen to it today while I was reading (it is incredible to study to as it has no lyrics and is calming).

The song, O Holy Night, came on and I was singing in my head:

Long lay the world
In sin and error pining
'Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.

A thrill of hope
The weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks
A new and glorious morn.

I said over and over yesterday how tired I was. I feel it today as well. So to hear those lines... tell me if that doesn't strike you as profound? How beautiful is it that we celebrate the fact that our savior LIVES twice? Our most important days in the church are celebrating life. They are celebrating the fact that a man lived. Jesus lived. He was alive. And yes, the weary world rejoices.

I rejoice.

2 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

"Jesus lived. He was alive. And yes, the weary world rejoices."

I LOVE how these words sounds and roll off the tongue.

Great entry. XOXO Hope you are having a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Mom, Emily, Hello to you both and thank you for your steady comments!

Perhaps I can use those words in a sermon some day? Oh, that is so scary to even think about!