Monday, October 06, 2008

State Radio is not RED, for they are against bloodshed

"Oh make me feel good, rock and roll band, I'm your biggest fan!" - Joni Mitchell

Wore my new State Radio t-shirt today. I'm still glowing from getting to see them. All in all the venue had a little something stuck up its backside (as in, we got carded, got bracelets for being over 21, got directed to wait in certain areas and back away from the stairs, Chris had to check his camera... for $5 fee, then they carded you at the bar as well, continually busted underage drinkers, and were just generally very cranky - I'd prefer to never go there again...). I do have to say that the sound, however, was incredible. Best yet. That's the benefit of a larger venue, I guess. I just tend to like my personal space bubble and it was invaded multiple times that evening as it was a standing room only concert.

Alas, the guys played an incredible show. I already told you they ended the night with Chris and my favorite song, "Mr. Larkin." So we were... happy about that. They also played Alias, which was beautiful. Altogether, an amazing show. And a great weekend.

The boys and I went to the Field Museum, the Aquarium, Cedars, Medici's, Pizzaria Uno, and Giordano's. They say Uno's has the most amazing pizza they've ever had. So that was a success. That and all the walking we did equal a pretty amazing weekend. Yay for my sibling and my
"sibling" visit.


And now pictures for your enjoyment. :) Click on them if you want to see the larger versions.

An amazing view of the city from the guys' hotel (the Hilton, downtown).

This would be Kevin modeling with the Greek New Testament. He takes to seminary fast, doesn't he?


And finally a picture of sibling and I. Ha. Really, though, these are two of the coolest iguanas I've ever seen. I wanted to hug them. Alas, that's why there's glass between us. Awesome picture, though, I thought.

Sibling being funny with "art" near the Field Museum.

And lastly, myself.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Nice green scarf around your neck.....

The Shedd Aquarium is my 2nd favorite place in Chicago, behind the MSI which we went to together!

Unknown said...

The Shed Aquarium is also my 2nd favorite place in Chicago, behind the Art Institute for me though! Random Chicago question: way back when I went to Chicago last, we went to a pizza place where you could ask for a sharpie and then write on anything, tables, chairs, the walls. Any idea where this is? Uno seemed familiar, so i thought I'd ask!

Unknown said...

I love my green scarf... and I think about you when I wear it!

Absolutely loved Shedd. The Art Institute is my next stop! Well, actually I might wait for the modern art exhibit to reopen in may. No point going now!

Whit, when will you visit so we can go to MOSI again!??! I know when Po-Ri's gonna visit.