Sunday, October 05, 2008

the CTA is Red, right?

Yes, the State Radio concert ended with Mr. Larkin. Corinna said she has never seen me so happy. I was jumping up and down and screaming like an idiot. It was fabulous.

So, I apologize for a devastating lack of posts. You haven't been lonely, have you? Plenty to read on the internet. I have been, what's the word, um - BUSY. Last weekend started off early Friday and I wasn't back here until 2:30am because of my delayed flight out of Atlanta. Then I've spent the week doing book reports, catching up on life, and avoiding laundry. Thursday I slept in, went to chapel, went to a meeting I had previously forgotten about, then went to Greek and turned in the incomplete assignment (surprise meetings = incomplete work). After class, Corinna and I navigated our way to O'Hare. This is around 3:30, mind you. We got there around 4:15, parked, and found Corinna's friend. Then that put us in 5 o'clock traffic all the way home. That was about 6pm. I was having friends over for mexican lasagna at 6:30 and it takes 45 minutes to cook. Well, it got cooked eventually and it was delicious. I didn't kill anyone. Watched the debate with Tyler and then watched Princess Bride with a bigger group.

Which brings us to this weekend. The boys arrived early Friday. We got food and futzed around. I attempted to do some laundry (I just collected my last load from the laundry room around midnight last night). Sasha and I took the guys to the hotel and attempted to find David's Bridal to pick up my dress. An HOUR AND A HALF later, as I am screaming, we find it. The dress is beautiful. I just wish they didn't make it mandatory that I pick it up in seven days... and in some of busiest seven days I've had since I've been here. Ah, well. A little Target retail therapy fixed that. Then we got the guys, gathered friends, and went to get pizza and go to Jimmy's. Saturday was museums, dunkin donuts, and the State Radio concert. Most excellent.

I don't know what other news I have for you. I'm still planning on doing a last weekend post, so look for that with pictures. Chris has been taking some from this weekend, so hopefully I can steal some of those as well.

Okay, I'm going to go pick the guys up and we are going to the Aquarium! Super yay.

Love and hugs,
1L

p.s. I have successfully navigated the CTA... twice. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am glad to hear YOUR NEWS. sounds busy and fun too..
love you
KBW

Anonymous said...

Let me know how the aquarium is :0)
Love ya,
Rachel R.