Saturday, October 11, 2008

Family is not RED, family is an array of colors

"Sometimes families are the ones you choose." -Vanessa Carlton

And just like that, the week is drawing to a close. Instead of doing productive school work, I caught up on life. I know that wasn't the expressed function of "reading week" but I made it "catch up on life week." Well, there was that one time I looked at some Greek vocab cards. Go me! Otherwise, I spent quality time with the fam.

After hanging out in Washington with family, I went to visit my Grandma at her assisted living facility which doubles as an independent living facility (which to me, means happier people in general). I did little tasks around the apartment for grandma and we even got out to run errands. We went to the grocery store, the florist and cemetery (to say hello to Uncle Scott and Papa), the bank, the Mendota Reporter office to renew her subscription, and by the old house that we both quite miss. Quite a successful outing, though. Grandma came home for a "rest" and actually feel fast asleep! I told her she would sleep really well that night and she simply looked at my gravely and nodded. Haha!

Alright, I guess I actually should get to some of that Greek homework. Till next time, I remain your 1L.

No comments: