Thursday, September 04, 2008

Rain is not RED, it is... clearish?

It is a rainy and drizzly day here in Chicago. I LOVE IT!

So my funny story is that I was fuddling with my umbrella at the front door of my apartment building... and I look up to see a pack of 20 guys, around my age, mostly topless, running in a large group down the middle of the street. IN THE RAIN.

Yeah.

I love Chicago.

I'm done with my first week of class. I have so much work to do but I feel so ready to do it. Of course, not at the moment because I am currently blogging... but you get the point. I have forgotten the last time my mind, heart, and soul were so stimulated all at the same time. How incredible it is to be here. I think it is partly the faculty and administration that make it the place it is... but also just being in the heart of a big city. Try to stay all safe in the classroom and ignore the world outside the seminary doors. Just try. It is impossible. I've seen people walk past the windows of the chapel during service. We cannot forget that God put us here for other people. We aren't a little theological bubble that builds itself up and up until we find ourselves feeling far above the world. Jesus called us to be losers and to walk with the weary and weep with the weeping. A girl did an amazing sermon about that today in chapel. How I wish I could simply record these things for all of you and share.

Well, you'll just have to visit me. ;)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Rain is not red.....but it brought some pretty images runnning by you.....

Unknown said...

I find it hard to believe that Jesus calls people to be losers, more like healers of the spirit and the soul, to walk with the weary and weep with the weeping.