Monday, August 18, 2008

cardboard boxes are not RED, but that'd be pretty sweet

I've been in "moving" mode all day. And yesterday. And the day before. It wears on a girl; it does. Chattanooga to Nashville was a move... but it wasn't the BIG MOVE. This is the big move. Thankfully I get to keep my mother until Friday. Makes it a little easier. She and I are driving up in Henry (packed to the roof and then some) and she will fly back to Nashville at the end of the week.

This is the best way. I went through all the options (including my mother renting a car and driving that up, renting a UHAUL and towing Henry, Henry attempting to tow a baby UHAUL, and leaving Henry behind...). These were all unacceptable for various reasons. Mostly I'm stubborn. Lol.

So I'm going to go spend the money that would have been used to pay for a UHAUL truck and the gas to go in it... in favor of shipping two large boxes of clothes, shoes, blankets, towels, etc. It will save me the grief of driving a strange vehicle or towing something/strapping something to the roof. In Henry goes the TV, the laundry basket filled with the rest of the clothes and blankets and shoes, a 208 capacity cd wallet holding my DVD collection, my DVD player, the laptop, and then small boxes with electronics, toiletries, office supplies, coffee shop paperwork/gear, a first aid kit/med. box, and journals and papers. Then of course Mom and I will get in Henry. Oh the joy packing will be tomorrow!

That's what I know. I'll post again when I'm unpacked Wednesday or Thursday.

Love,
your TN girl

p.s. If you are the praying sort, one of my coworkers needs your prayers for her family. Just some scary transitions and loses coming around the bend - one of them being a new grandbaby that's sick in the hospital. So, direct your prayers her way, please.

No comments: