Sunday, August 17, 2008

Red Traffic Lights are indeed RED, but I pretended it was GREEN

So I got pulled over this morning. At 5:28am. On my way to the coffee shop. For running a red light.

And by "running a red light," I mean sitting at a stoplight for 3 minutes, waiting for anything to happen. I love Henry, but sometimes I feel like he just can't set off the sensors at stoplights so we can turn. So anyway, there was no sign of us setting off any sensors so the light would ever turn green for us. So no one's coming and I am gradually getting nearer to the time when the store opens and I need to be there. So I watch for traffic (none left, none right, none left) and turn left. Two cars are a ways off. Guess who was in the second car? Yeah....

So he was as nice as he could be and I apologized and said I was going to work. He said not to run any red lights but admitted that he knew what that felt like (and perhaps was confessing that he himself has run some reds??). Anyway. I was actually quite glad looking back that he wasn't a complete jerk about it. He understood. I understood. I got my warning. We went on about our day.

It wasn't an altogether terrible experience. Generally I freak out. Guess I'm getting older? EEK!

No comments: