Thursday, July 31, 2008

Money is not RED, Money is GREEN

So as of now, my mail is going to my mother's house up in Nashville. My future permanent address will be in Illinois at my cousins' house (though any mail can be sent to the seminary directly for me). Because of this, I forgot to tell you all some very exciting news. The best way is to just quote the letter my school sent me.

"Dear Alison,

I wanted to let you know what a pleasure it was reading your application. Your many gifts, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm make you an excellent candidate for seminary education. We at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago will be enriched by your presence here among us.

You have been selected ro receive an ELCA Fund for Leaders in Missions (FLM) Scholarship for $3,000. LSTC is pleased to also grant you a financial aid award of $6,200 which, along with possibly the Munderloh Foundation Scholarship, will bring your total grant to full tuition, based on nine classes for the 2008-2009 academic year....."

WHO'S EXCITED?!!? I knew about the FLM and the Munderloh (which I am still holding my breath for = $2,500)... but the very generous financial aid was news to me. How wonderful is that? When I was busy being all melancholy that I didn't receive a full tuition from FLM months ago and worrying about covering costs, God was busy taking care of me.

*Sigh*

It feels so good to be taken care of. Thank you LSTC... and of course, thank GOD.


Blogs to come in the near future when they have photo support:
*My last day of Starbucks where I was attacked with whip cream. COVERED from head to toe in about 6 full cans of whip cream. Multi colors, too. Thanks guys.
*The presents I have received from people that were so completely unexpected. With that, an ironic note on the "coin" left in our tip jar in the place of real money (one side says "Where will you SPEND eternity?") and how I can't wait to cure the wounds those people have inflicted on the public.
*More on how much GOODBYE sucks and how BLESSED I am. I know in my bones that I am meant to be in seminary. I'm so so so glad that I have the support I do. THANK YOU!

No comments: