Monday, July 28, 2008

middle ear infections are not RED, well, maybe they are...

So I absolutely loved my vacation... except that I had been fighting a cold/dealing with allergies in those varying climates the whole time (and a week before). So after I got a little water in my ear because of the ocean, rode up into the sky and let my ears pop... my body revolted and my ears never unpopped. Just today, after taking some antibiotics, are they getting ANY better. Silly colds. Silly allergies. Yay health insurance....



In other news, I've been saying goodbye to Chattanooga. This of course means the place, but more so, the people. Oh, the people. See my littlest favorite person in the picture? That's L's beautiful baby girl, Abi. *Sigh*


I don't know if I will ever come back to Chattanooga to live but it certainly has part of my heart. It has been the first real HOME that I've made for myself and I don't think that ever leaves a person. Being on my own, meeting the people I've met, growing up, learning about love, discovering what family means... Couldn't have happened better anywhere else.


I'm packing up at the W's and sorting out the storage unit. Then all the stuff gets separated between Nashville and Chicago. I look forward to the day when half my stuff won't be in storage somewhere. Perhaps I should make this move a big cleansing of CRAP. I have a lot of it, you know. But I have pack rat genes and fear that as soon as I throw out something I will most certainly need it. That and I don't have ample funds to readily replace things... should I throw out something I might need. So, I don't know. What to toss... what to keep... what to move with me to Chi town. OY!


Alas, God has perfect timing and I am feeling ready for the next step of my life. So, despite how much saying goodbye hurts, I cannot wait to be in seminary in Chicago.


And one way between Chicago and Nashville on southwest is generally between $39 and $69... so I'll be back to visit. Soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so loved my sweet pea..I hope the rest of the week goes ok. I know it is hard..
XXOO