Saturday, May 31, 2008

Babies are not RED, they are PINK!!! (and sometimes a little YELLOW)

Wow, it has been such a long time since my last post. And not necessarily in clock time... but how much has changed. Well, I haven't found my camera. So that's not really a change. But it still feels like forever ago. I'm getting used to the idea of not having my Eesa around. It was very ODD to have someone else taking the pictures at the birth of L's baby.... YES, THAT'S RIGHT!! My L had a beautiful baby girl at home last Saturday. She was 18 inches long, 6 pounds, 4 ounces, and born at 4:30 in the afternoon. Well, team L (husband and two midwives) claim that she was three minutes earlier. Whatever. L's parents and I were just outside and we say 4:30. I shall refrain from wishing Abi a Happy Birthday until 4:30. Haha. Actually, I'm just so glad she is in the world and HEALTHY. I did apologize to Abi for calling her a boy all this time. Now I can't picture L with anything else!! She's still my little "shelf" forever.

So that's one of the biggest change in my little world thus far. I tend to spend my free time trying to hold her and taking care of L as best as she'll let me (chocolate!!!). But she's got a Ben, so mostly I get the baby. Abi's so tiny and we all feel ridiculous noting that everything she does is the most adorable thing she's ever done. Haha!! I'll have to import a picture from my phone. :)

What else? I'm going to ask you for prayers for my grandmother. She's been through a surgery and stopped breathing once all her meds caught up to her. So she was intubated and there was worry. Now she's healing. Slowly. But she's healing. Still just weak. So send prayer?

On the other side of the family, my daddy is officially engaged! I don't have any other details yet because I think they don't have all those details yet, either. It has just recently been made official (at Ashley's graduation with Andrea's family around). So that's exciting. My family is growing. I'm getting a step sister! Now I just have to work on learning the other members of their family. This is work!

What else? What else? I feel like there has been so much. I was house sitting. Then I was finally home. Then I had an insane weekend with grandma and L. I was physically WORN OUT by the time Sunday rolled around. I am starting to think I was having some serious sympathy pain. Maybe that prayer people always pray about "taking away their pain" actually came through. I don't know if I was just working THAT hard to make up for the lack of coworks at the coffee shop on Saturday and Sunday... or the long hours. But I've had those shifts before. So I'm still not sure. With L having most of her labor pains in her back and my grandma having surgery for spinal stenosis.... I think it might maybe be possible. Yes? No? Thoughts?

I finally recovered from that weekend on Wednesday. Haha. Tomorrow I am opening the store so stop on by. I will be there... but I might be sleepy.... ;)

No comments: