Monday, April 21, 2008

This weekend was red, MEAN RED

This past weekend has been a week all on its own. Today I started to say "last week" and realized that it was indeed less than 48 hours ago. Sad. So sad. But there was junk food and good friends and way too much time spent at work (which both added to and reduced the stress this weekend - based on who I was working with and the crankiness of my customers). God bless DQ which has now returned to Hamilton Place. Chicken fingers, fries, random halves of bread, and delicious blizzards. *Sigh* It feels so good to be so bad.

In other news... I have been nominated for a grant worth $2500, renewable for two extra years. That'd be a total of $7500. I'm excited. Again, there is the task of getting past the paper work for it, but my school seems excited to work through the process with me. God bless them. I think they're more excited right now than my synod is. I feel like a hassle to them instead of a blessing. Speaking of... my big bad interview to complete my "candidacy process" is this weekend. Saturday 9am. SEND PRAYER. I don't know why I'm freaking out about it. I'm hauling two of my best friends with me to the great ATL on Friday night. Why worry? Right?

It is just the unknown. The what-can-go-wrong worry. Does the unknown freak anyone else out? Stupid question, sorry. Of course it does. That's why we adore Death Cab's song about the dark. "If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark." I heard Ben Gibbard talking about that song once. Perhaps it was on the intro to his itunes original stuff? Regardless, he said that he knows just as much about the afterlife as the pope does. I chuckled. My brother chuckled. Then we fell more in love with that song.

On a side note, I never realize how much I need or miss people until I can't reach them. Until I don't see them for days, weeks, or (sadly) months. I'm trying to contain the compulsion to shut down and start saying goodbye 3 months early. But I feel myself doing it. I'm already starting to say goodbye. So here's a public apology for saying goodbye too soon. I'm just trying to take it all as it comes. There are just some weekends when it all hits at once. ;)

No comments: