Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tattoos are red, but not for long!

Well, I did it. Turn 23? Well, yes, I "did" that. It wasn't much work to live through the day though. No, what I DID... was get a tattoo. I only decided yesterday morning that I wanted to do it yesterday. It was my birthday... I had been talking about it for at least a year and a half... and I knew what I wanted. So I went. Set up the appointment with a tattooed, pierced, smiling individual at the local tatoo place that I've been driving past for five years. I sign away my life and walk out with an apt for later that day. YAY! And... I did it. I went back. We sketched it out. He got a little frustrated with me because he thought I was changing my mind (No, dear, I didn't say three STARS, I said a star with three flourishes...). We got it right after not too long, thank goodness. And so... a day later, here it is:

Yes, I love it. Yes, it hurt but not a lot. More like someone pinching me. Yes, I am taking care of it. Those are the questions I usually get. But if you want to ask another, feel free!!

I will hopefully come back and post more about the DC trip and more updates on my life. But this seemed the most pressing. And for those of you who read this, thanks for all the birthday wishes and songs. It means the world the be remembered.

No comments: