Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Motorcades are not RED, they are BLACK and blurry

Kelly and I attempted to play the license game on the way to D.C. and back. Quite hard. I won't say impossible, because I am sure, if we put our minds to it, we would have found South Dakota, Hawaii, California, and other likely impossible to find states. That's the trouble with trips that take you up one coast. Silly country. But the 20+ hours in the car were made bearable because of the fabulous makers of Sour Patch Kids, Snyder's Pretzel Bits (we recommend Cheddar), and of course, Starbucks. The trip would not have otherwise been possible.

Stopped on the way home to see one of the newest babes in my social circle (there are three, all born within ONE week of each other - Declan, Ila, and Ruby). Pictures of Miss Ila Elizabeth are forthcoming, I assure you. Her parents are quite proud. I snapped a picture of them, too, don't fret.

In other news, we saw the motorcade TWICE while in D.C. yesterday. Yes, that's right. Twice. We are so cool. Well, we are cool without the motorcade, but we are even more amazing because it was completely unplanned. On our way to the Renwick gallery, traffic was stopped. As we looked, we saw. And then on our way to the Gallery of Art, we see them heading back. And let me tell you, those guys FLY. Not in the air, mind you. They certainly are booking it. I hear it is because they have to maintain a certain speed so the anyone aiming their way won't have a good shot. I say... go fast because you can. Why else would you be president?

So I had a ball in the nation's capital. Came back to a home cooked meal and big hugs from my girls. Mads is walking. Oh my goodness. No more tottering around. She is flying! (Much like the motorcade... hmm... I wonder if she has a future in politics?). She's reversing. Turning around. (Again, not unlike a politician.) Incredible. And then there's my Hannah girl who I missed to pieces. We celebrated my return by reading Velveteen Rabbit. That's our book. She even knows when I skip pages (I promise the page stuck!). The best line we read tonight: "When you are Real, shabbiness doesn't matter." What a beautiful lesson!! GO RABBIT! Well, I like him anyway.

Enough about the rabbit for now. Must unpack and all that deliciousness. Tomorrow I have some celebrating to do. #23 finds me surrounded by people that love me. God, I am so blessed.

No comments: