Sunday, April 06, 2008

Churches are not RED, they are stained glass colored

I happened to adore church this morning. I got a new girl in my Sunday school class and she was magical. Had insights into the scripture that I totally missed. You know when the routine of the day after day details starts getting you down? I was there. Granted, I've been better since I got back from DC, but I was down. I'm back!!!


Church moved me to tears - TWICE - today which is rare and magnificent. During the daily prayers at our church, we kneel. It took me some time to get used to that, but now I wouldn't trade it for anything. Nothing in your lap. No distractions. Just you and God. Well, today it was just me and God and these prayers going up from everyone around me and the prayers were beautifully scripted ("God, in addition to our offering, we give you our hopes, dreams, and prayers"). And I just had this overwhelming feeling - - "this is what I was made for." Praising God was the reason I was MADE. It was a pretty powerful little revelation and I've been so thoroughly content the rest of the day that I hardly know what to do with myself. So there's that...


The other time my eyes got wet was during the baptism. Random, right?! Does everyone else cry during baptisms? I certainly haven't before. Perhaps I shed a little water when my baby cousin got dedicated... but that's family. This little boy was just random adorableness and the words were the same as they'd always been. I just got so excited knowing that God had great plans for this tiny baby boy. It hit me - WHAM - like that. And I just started crying.


So.. in other news, my tattoo is still healing. It itches like crazy, flakes a little bit... and oozes a little bit of ink. Good times, yes. P.S. That's a picture I took in DC at a really creepy exhibit at the Hirshorn.

No comments: