Friday, April 11, 2008

Grass is not red, grass is green!!

The moral of the story is: God made nap time. God invented day care. God made grandmothers.

Seriously, mothers of the world. How do you do it? When do you get things done? I had my girls for a few days. We've played. Shopped. Sipped some Starbucks. Made some cookies. Played out back. Fed the dog. Fed the fish. Watched the Barbie movie. Watched Little Einsteins. Watched some Sesame Street. Made a few messes. Danced. Giggled. Practiced our funny faces (see picture above...). I've crashed every night.


Day one at nap time - I napped.

Day two at nap time - I cleaned.

Day three at nap time - I packed. Then blogged.

Wait, that sounds wrong. I packed so they could go to their favorite place in the world... without me, tragically. The girls are going to grandma's!! God bless grandmothers. What a wonderful time nap time is. It helps that the cute lawn guy happened to start working right when the girls went to bed. No, he didn't want a cold beverage. Hey, at least I offered something, right?

In other news... wait. There is no other news. An update, perhaps?? My tattoo is healing nicely. Doesn't itch too bad which is lovely. I'm putting lotion on it and trying to avoid picking at it. I have to admit, it is fascinating watching it heal. I STILL LOVE IT! Okay, best get back upstairs before they stir...





1 comment:

Scary Mommy said...

I still nap when the kids do. I would be lost without that hour. I live for it.

And I miss you!