Saturday, April 12, 2008

David Gray is not red, he's blue

Well, I don't know if David Gray is BLUE per se... but I do know that his lyrics really hit the spot sometimes. So here's a post, a tribute to the man who has traveled with me (lyrically and musically) through every phase of my life.

"Tell the [...] stars above that you’re the one I love"
-The One I Love
"Some days i'm bursting at the seams with all my half
remembered dreams and then it shoots me down again"
-Ain't No Love
"This years love had better last. Heaven knows it's
high time. And I've been waiting on my own too long"
-This Years Love
"Someone tell me where did it go.
Darling I'm damned if I know"
-Lately
"From here you can almost see the sea. Just another fool in the line.
I dream of high clouds, flushed with the light of daybreak"
-From Here... the Sea
"Send a little prayer out to ya
‘cross the falling dark "
-The One I Love
"Feels like lightning
running through my veins
everytime I look at you"
-Please Forgive Me
"Ah but Caroline,
It seems like everytime
Honey all I get, is further away"
-Caroline
"All my words are falling short
and there's so much I want to say"
-Please Forgive Me
"Drag a salted kiss
from this cup of bliss,
watch a new lie twist on the breeze "
-Lately
"I got half a mind to scream out loud
I got half a mind to die"
-Please Forgive Me
"Praise the lord above
And sell sell sell"
-Sell, Sell, Sell
"Cause we're gonna need more
Than money and science
To see us through this world.
You say it can't be done
You'd rather die of fun."
-Forever Is Tomorrow Is Today

1 comment:

Verdant Vegan said...

i would imagine that david gray would be. . . well. . . gray.