Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuition is not RED, unless you can't afford it

Oh to hear the thoughts I've been thinking these past few days. I've been watching/listening to this David Gray video on repeat. It's just catchy. I can't help it. "My head is rolling like a waterfall. Give me everything or none at all." He makes corny rhymes and I don't even mind.

So what have I been thinking? Oh, just more about trivial pursuits and being loved and being lonely. One of my best friends is dealing with being newly officially single and I'm dealing with being perpetually single (on top of a newly broken heart). We are QUITE a pair. Mostly we have been talking about the past and how you look forward to the future when you are stuck with today. Growing up is entirely overrated.

YELLOW: I didn't get that scholarship. Well, I got $3,000 which is still lovely. It just doesn't seem so great in comparison to the full tuition. I was one in four to be nominated. I had a 50/50 chance of getting it and I lost. Can I be honest and say I'm not used to losing? So, yesterday was a hard day. Feeling a tad unloved, unwanted, etc. But I'm thankful that they are just days. Just a few. Keeps me humble and keeps me in God's hands, yes?

Best get ready for coffee duty (I'll be there forever tonight). Come visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to be honest, I sit here in my heartache waiting on some beautiful boy to save me from my old ways...hahaha
I've got a ways to go!!!

~taren