Monday, May 05, 2008

Brake Lights are Red, and so is my Road Rage

I don't know what it is about the past few days here in Chattanooga and the TERRIBLE drivers. Maybe I am more irritable - having missed an entire night of sleep. That is entirely possible. On the other hand, everyone agrees with me! Chattanooga has some of the WORST drivers I've ever had the privilege of driving with. OH MY GOODNESS!! There is this thing called "right of way" that prevents people from getting into car accidents and the like. It is a good thing. I encourage everyone to use it. Obey it. Live by it when driving (or walking, since you get the right of way in cross walks...). I have seen people turn LEFT on a RED light... INTO my lane... going about 10 under the speed limit. Thanks. I have seen two drivers decide to go ahead and turn right at a light despite the fact that I was coming straight at them (having received my green turn arrow to turn left). Then, of course, they both slow down to see what I'm going to do. God bless Henry for being able to reach 50 in very little time. I've used that... more than I care to admit.

Enough ranting. What else is new? Had the party that wasn't a surprise anymore. Still had a blast. Everyone is now leaving for their summer trips which is making me teary. On top of that, there was graduation. My good friends, Ren, Rou, Dan, and Em, are stepping up and out into the world! Took lots of pictures of them crossing the stage and looking bored in the audience. The speaker was worse than the speaker at my own graduation. I will just pretend from here on out that Phil Bredesen - who spoke in December at Whit and Woo's graduation- spoke at mine. Oh well. At least I've only been through seven graduations and not seventy - this would be Michael on his way to the most recent yesterday. The only thing that changes are the people walking across the stage, I guess. :)

My family is home. Back from Disney World. The pictures of the girls enjoying the sights and sounds of the place are adorable beyond adorable. Mads is finally becoming photogenic - a new found DELIGHT for me. She's always been beautiful; it just never came through in photos. I'm sure I will share the beauty soonish. The toothy grin. The curls. But now, I must to bed with me. Take care. I'll keep you posted. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pretend that phil spoke at my graduation too! while i was sitting through what's-his-name's speech i was telling the girls next to me about december's grad speech hahaha

~taren