Saturday, April 26, 2008

All Lights are GREEN, Systems are GO

The officially official word on the street is... I AM IN!! After a somewhat grueling interview that lasted about 40 minutes... I was forced to wait an additional 15 minutes for a deliberation session (I sat downstairs between two best friends). They called me back up and said I was in. After telling me what they saw as my spiritual gifts (including being open minded and intelligent - wow, who's humbled??), they asked if I had any questions. I didn't. Then they asked me to close in prayer. I did.

Then I hugged the entire room. Then I went downstairs and hugged everyone down there. Then we hit the road and I called everyone I could think to call. Bliss. Pure bliss. The fact that the call I had merely privately pursued was now confirmed by a committee of discerning individuals who represent my church... was huge. I'm not insane! What joy. What comfort. I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Hoorah!

It helped to have two of my best friends along telling me that they will be attending my future church, telling everyone to congratulate me, and generally being proud of me. What a huge compliment my friends gave me by simply being there and loving me. I am blessed. So incredibly blessed.

On a complete side note: you should all watch Paris, je t'aime / Paris, I Love You. My heart swoons! Also, if you are in ATL anytime soon, you should check out two fabulous eateries: R. Thomas and Cafe Intermezzo. Yum and double yum. To try: Sweet Chai Yerba Mate and Cinnamon Nirvana (R. and I loved them both to the last drop). The chicken curry wrap. The sweet potatoes. The mango pie. Then at the cafe: crepes, espresso intermezzo (almonds!), hummus, and salad. All delicious. All delicious.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am soooo happy for you! Congrats! You will do some wonderful things. :)