Monday, July 30, 2012

Travel Annoyance

I often wonder why airport travel is so taxing on my person. What is it about sitting down all day that is so exhausting???

And as I sit here, listening to a little girl cry because her parents threw away the rest of her juice... I stop wondering. Overhearing family arguments is so much fun. Overhearing people's personal phone calls at top volume is just as much fun. Slightly less uncomfortable but annoying.

My mom and I talk about sensory overload. Taking in all the sights, all the sounds, everything about one's environment. At the airport, meeting so many people, sitting in and among people and their virtual personal space is exhausting. Listening to every overhead announcement just to triple check and make sure it isn't about me or my flight. Making sure my baggage is with me "at all times" for security reasons. Having to re-pack up everything if I want to go to the bathroom or grab a drink.

Sigh.

That little girl is still crying and her parents are still yelling at her. *makes awkward turkey symbols with hands*

I'm ready to be home!!

No comments: