Monday, June 04, 2012

Genealogy

Corinna told me after first meeting her that everyone immediately declares how German they are or what ancestors they have that are German. I'm sure that mine went something like this, "Oh! My grandma is German! I'm at least a quarter German."

And it's true. My grandma Elaine Schmidt married a Bradley and had, among others, my mother who married a Williams and that's how you get me, Alison Williams.

Grandma's mother was Lina Wilhelmine Friedericke HOEPNER and I found a link for her on this crazy German website that is tracing ancestry! She married Hermann Wilhelm Bernhard SCHMIDT. Her father was Ludwig Heinrich Christoph Hermann HOEPPNER and her mother, Wilhelmine Christine IHSSEN. So cool.... And even cooler, my big brother is Christopher. Who knew it was a family name?


I like being in Germany. It is inspirational.... I also want to learn to speak German now, too. 


Ay yi yi! 


(LINKS: Lina is #612. http://www.ende-genealogy.de/bliefernicht/pafg24.htm#53503)

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Cool. Love this info. Thanks.