Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stuttgart Hello!

I have arrived and spent my first day in Germany! Thought I would attempt to reflect daily here for those curious. ;)

I arrived around 9am Germany time. Corinna picked me up at the airport and we took the train to her place. A stop over in an awesome Italian bakery on the corner and then for some breakfast. Then... I napped. I'm sorry. I know the way to get over jet lag is to NOT do that. But I did. I slept. For like, 5 hours. It was glorious. Then we went to the grocery store after C got off work, made supper, and invited a friend over. Had German wine and my favorite C meal (gnocchi, tomatoes, mozzarella in a honey mustard dressing - YUM). Now the real test comes - will I sleep tonight?

Corinna and I!!! Right after I got off the plane... and got coffee of course. 

Folks, this is a PRETZEL croissant. Did you hear that? Yeah... heaven.
Oh and an apricot cookie that was also heavenly.

Community recycling. Three big bins just across the street for clear, brown, and green glass. And we took the plastic bottles to grocery store for $5 back! Woot.

Just another cool community thing. Germans are so cool.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sounds glorious. I can't wait to catch up after you get back.