Tuesday, April 05, 2011

New Thing I Love

I gave up drinking massive amounts of soda (soda pop, pop, coke, sodee) a long time ago. Too much sugar. Bad for the body. Do we know how terrible high fructose corn syrup is? The worst. Addictive, too.

And don't tell me to drink that diet crap, either. Fake sugar tastes like hell and is made of chemicals that could very well be just as terrible on our bodies as the other kind of sugar. I vote real sugar over fake sugar.

Despite all this, I do occasionally enjoy a nice fizzy fountain beverage. Pop's fun and delicious. I love cherry flavored brown soda and root beer the most.

Then last year when I was in Mexico, I swore off Coca-Cola because I believe they have shitty business practices that screw people over. And yes, I have also experienced the kind ways they donate to local businesses and their generosity on this side of the Mexican border - doesn't make up for consuming the limited clean water supply in Mexico and amping up the caffeine and sugar when distributing to the Mexican people who by heritage are already prone to diabetes!!

So my consumption of pop dropped dramatically.

But occasionally, I find little things that bring me great joy. One of them is Thomas Kemper Sodas. I asked for a root beer last Friday at a restuarant here in town and they brought be a bottle of Thomas Kemper Root Beer. I fell in love. In the first place, it is made from cane sugar and honey! Secondly, it is "locally" made in Oregon. And to boot, it's damn delicious.

I'm not sure if any of you in TN can get Thomas Kemper beverages there though there's a link on their site to find it (here). But they make delicious Ginger Ale, Vanilla Creme, Root Beer, and Orange Cream sodas. :D I'm on a hunt for that Black Cherry....

If you come visit me in Billings, I'll share. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Yeah, too much sugary drink not only bad for health but it makes u tired!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Yeah, too much sugary drink not only bad for health but it makes u tired!