Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Enneagram

Ever done an enneagram inventory? Take the test: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp

Well I'm a 2. A helper. Though the downside to this is (they say) I project my helping attitude onto others when in turn it is what I am seeking for myself. So a lot of the helpful tidbits I get sent via the EnneaThought for the Day are about taking care of myself and not using others.

All that aside, my EnneaThought today was perfect seeing that it fell on the day of my mid year evaluation.

Learn from this universal truth: Once we understand "not doing," we see that the real struggle is to relax into greater awareness so that we can see the manifestations of our personality. By neither acting on our automatic impulses nor suppressing them, we begin to understand what is causing them to arise. (The Wisdom of the Enneagram, 346)

Sounds like a good focus for the last half of internship, eh?

No comments: