Friday, March 27, 2009

Asking for Help

So when I made the decision to live on my own next year, I was facing the grim future of an empty apartment. Right now, I'm renting my bed, desk, and dresser. I'm borrowing a bookshelf from my Godmother and then I own a night stand which I bought with mom at the beginning of the year. Oh, and I have a tray table that my best friend painted and gave me years ago (covered in stars - I love it!). The furniture in our living room is entirely my roommate's that she found when she got here a month before me.

That's it.

So I was delighted when someone gave my roommate random furniture which included a chair and ottoman (that's the word, right? the "chair stool" that matches the chair?). You've seen the picture of my fabulous chair already. So I now had ONE piece of furniture (1 1/2 really).

Then I officially announce my future move to private housing. One friend demands that I take her futon. My cousin calls saying she may have a table and an entertainment center for me. Then another friend says that she's getting rid of the furniture in her room including a bed and desk!

I'm just saying that when you ASK, you WILL receive. So... ask.

(p.s. I'm still looking for donations if you have something slightly loved that you no longer want!!)

2 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

hey hey, lovely.

you are going to LOVE living on your own. whoo-hoo. i'm not sure where i will be yet next yearwith furnished/unfurished/apartment/ parsonage, but if there's anything you want from my apartmet - it will be all yours. :)


happy weekend.

Nikki said...

I'm so excited for you!! When you're here in May, let me know what you still need (and might fit in your car), and I'll see what we've got. Mom's got a garage sale coming up, so I'll keep an eye out if there's anything you may want, so let me know!