Saturday, February 21, 2009

On San Francisco!

San Francisco was a blast. I posted a few pictures for you but I have barely had a minute to gather my thoughts to present them to you. I spent yesterday and the morning before doing catch up things. Laundry. Cleaning the room. Showering. Ya know, necessary things. Haha.

My friend David came out to join us when we went to Foley's Irish Pub and the piano bar underneath. We were serenaded there by a transvestite who enjoyed doing the high and low parts. We went downstairs and had a blast at the piano bar. I loved it!! It might be MORE fun than karaoke!!

Friday, which was Corinna's birthday, we got up and rode the cable car to Fisherman's Wharf, ate lunch at Pier 39, and took the ferry to Alcatraz. Coming back from that, we got caught in a downpour. WHAT a downpour. We were frozen! So we went home to curl up in bed and to recharge our batteries (literally, too - both our cameras were dead). Then we decided we didn't want to go trek through chinatown in the rain - we wanted to go to a chick flick! So we went across the street (our hotel was in a PERFECT spot!) to the mall, ate at the fabulous food court (all local foods - japanese, korean, chinese, american organic, a bakery, and a thai place!), and went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. The movie was adorable. I enjoyed it!

One of the notes my head made while at the theater and the mall nearby, was that I really am not trendy at all. I like to think that I'm an okay dresser. Seeing them? I really am not. They all had the skiny darkwash jeans and the boots and the hair with the puff in the middle clipped back neatly. I felt like a fashion failure. But when I started to think, "I'm not like that at all...." I realized "I'm not like that at all!!!!" I got happy. I got over not being a fabulous dresser - I spend my time elsewhere. :)

So Saturday, we went to Castro and had breakfast with our admin's sons that lived there. This was the fabulous gay section of town (heard of Harvey Milk? That's the place!). We went from there to Haight Asbury and got Corinna a tattoo! I got a fabulous pair of tiger's eye star earrings and we had a snack at a bakery cafe there. So much fun to be in the hippie section of town. That's a place that would be fun to live. You can walk everywhere! Wear whatever you want (in sharp contrast to the shopping district.... wow!).

Then we went home to recharge again and went back out for the 6pm pillow fight near the Ferry building. Then we made our way back up to some seafood and then Ghiradelli square and back home again by cable car!

We had a miserable trip home Sunday. Our flight got in 5:35am and I got back to the apartment about 7:15am. That pretty much killed my week. Haha.

So I'm catching up. Pictures from the trip are up on facebook. Check em out!

No comments: