Thursday, February 05, 2009

On my school

My classes are amazing. I can't even describe the feeling that I'm almost jealous of myself. I'm hopeful that I don't pass up the opportunity.

My professors are incredible. I'm continually surprised and delighted by how much I LOVE these professors. They are passionate! They are intelligent and gifted and I am so incredibly blessed to be here. I'm almost snobby about it - thinking that no one else will get this incredibly fabulous education if they go anywhere else. I know that no one outside of the ELCA had ever heard of LSTC (and many inside). It wasn't Harvard. It wasn't Vanderbilt. It wasn't Emory. It wasn't the Div school at the University of Chicago! It wasn't the famous Chicago Theological Seminary. I wanted to be challenged. I wanted to have an excellent education.

Against all odds, and somewhat settling, I chose LSTC. I was slightly worried that I wouldn't be challenged enough. But I'd make do. I'd be in the city and that would be fun. It was where I was "supposed to be" so I'd be there.

I was wrong. Not about being here... but about thinking it was sub par.

This place never ceases to challenge and impress me. I love it. I love LSTC.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I LOVE the classes that made me think that, the professors that made me feel that way about their classes, and the people that made it possible.

I did get an email from Debbie today about pro-studs, so I'm unusually nostalgic!!

I'm trying to survive the paper that doesn't make me feel that way, to get back to the books and movies that do!! Enjoy!