Monday, January 12, 2009

TN to Chicago - - the DRIVE

This is belated. But... what can you do?

My drive from TN to Chicago took me 12 hours. Give or take a minute. Here's the trip in list form (of course).

5:15am
(central time - it was 6:15 Johnson City time) - Out of bed
5:30am
Said sleepy goodbyes to Brooksies and am out of the house.
6:07am
Realize I have forgotten my laptop. Consider options... turn around. Mind you, there is a freak snow storm going on and people are off the road and traffic is forming. More about this later.
6:35am
Pick up laptop. Leave again.
6:42am
Chick-Fil-A is open! Hooray for breakfast! Mm...
7:50am
Finally out of stand still traffic. Apparently Tennesseans really can't drive in snow.
8:08am
See billboard depicting Starbucks ahead. Yes, that sounds amazing!
8:12am
Negative. This exit has NO Starbucks. The sign lies!! At least I got gas for $1.49.
8:21am
Back on track. Yes, the Sbux/Gas detour took me that long.
8:50am
Potty break... and low and behold - A STARBUCKS!!! I found it completely by accident to. Or should I say by divine appointment... haha!
10:30am
Arby's stop in Renfro Valley for a Jr. Roast Beef. Mmm..
11:10am
Breezed through Lexington onto I-64 West.
11:30am
Rest stop for bathroom, map, snack.
11:37am
Pass a speed detection sign on the road and realize I should/could go faster.
11:50am
Passed a cop. Slowed back down...
11:51am
Just realize my tags are expired. Hope no cop realizes as well...
12:08pm
Cracker Barrel in Louisville. I'm tired!
12:09pm
...next to a Garden Ridge!!?? Jackpot! I love Louisville!
1:00pm
That I-65 sign gives me two options: Nashville or Indianapolis. This choice sucks.
1:01pm
Pretty bridge!
2:05pm
Gas for $1.82 - boo.
2:33pm
Officially bored.
2:56pm
Temp down to 40 degrees. So far the day started at 33, 30, 47, 40....
3:59pm
Rest stop! Hallelujah!!
4:21pm
Enjoying the last bits of sunshine. Temp down to 31....
4:42pm
Just passed a sign that said "Jesus is REAL."
5:34pm
HOME!!! Well, to my Chicago home. It is quite chilly.

No comments: