Sunday, December 07, 2008

a letter, a prayer, a thought or two on my call

Almighty God,

You never cease to surprise and amaze me. All of the things that made me a little different, a little odd, a little outcast... are now all of the things you are using for ministry. Did you plan it? Have you been slowly crafting me for this my entire life? Have I really been so blind? ...thinking that you didn't have a hand in my writing and poetry, in my being raised in the south with family in the north far away, a red headed white female, and even being an HSP (a "highly sensitive person" - a psychological term for deeply thinking and perceiving individuals who need their down time to deal with the world's input). Here I was feeling that no one understood me, but you were making me so that I could understand others. (God, isn't that another prayer? Let me not seek so much to be understood as to understand...)
My God, you amaze me. Truly, I had no idea that your plan was so grand. I had no idea I was so uniquely connected to my brothers and sisters. I had no idea how different and beautiful they all could be. I've seen the despair, Lord. I've heard the cries, Lord. But you filled with me hope so I could respond. You gave me a voice to speak. You gave me an understanding heart.

Was this your plan all along??

Sincerely, Amen, etc.,
Your Alison

2 comments:

Megs said...

Oh it absolutely has been and is and will be his plan. How beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thanks Megs. ;)