Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December Goodness and Goodbyeness

"Drove up to hillside manor sometime after two a.m.
And talked a little while about the year
I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower,
Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her
And its been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last..."

-A Long December by Counting Crows


I'm packing up TN and saying my goodbyes. It is so strange not to know when I'll be back. When's the next holiday? When will my holidays begin to be tied to the church and people will have to come to me instead? I'm heading to Johnson City tomorrow for the New Years Bash at Brooksie's. Lots of old friends! Then the long lonely drive back up to Chicago happens. I'm thinking I'm not driving all 10 (er, 11? 12?) hours all in one day. That just doesn't sound like me. So we'll have to see how far I get! Ha!

All in all it's been a fabulous break. I got to sleep in a lot, get lots of quality family time, see a few flicks, waste time on the internet playing silly games, and read a book for the fun of it. I got to celebrate with friends and family at two weddings. Congrats Lindsy and Elliott!! Congrats Dad and Andrea!! They're dropping like flies theses days. And yes, friends, you will all owe me by coming to whatever wedding celebration I'm up to after attending 20+ weddings and being in 3 (and counting.... yay Emmie in April!!).

Katie and Caleb
Sonya and Brad
Rebecca and Taylor
Kari and Dwight
Jared and Pam
Kimberly and Timothy
Sarah and Ben
Rebecca and Taylor
Tyler and Stephen
Jeff and Ashley
Jess and Chris
Nikki and Adam
Elena and Rob
Toby and Kristin
Lindsy and Elliott
Dad and Andrea
(upcoming) Emmie and Zane
(upcoming) Kelly and Lucas
(upcoming) Rouselle and her Canadian
***did I forget anyone?***

I've loved the unique individuality of each and every one of them. I've cried at most of them. I've been inspired at most of them. I've loved celebrating new beginnings with you all.

No comments: