Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Update

How was every one's Christmas? I had an absolutely amazing meal that my big brother made. Meals like that... mmm... I am happy I am not a vegetarian. Sorry to those who are... but out of respect for you, I won't list details. But know that it was delicious. Got some fun presents (a nice long winter coat, a little olympus camera, some awesome dvd's, a flat wallet, a pedicure with my step sister and other little fun things) and spent good time with family. Couldn't ask for more!

Also, as a Christmas present to myself I unsubscribed from all the emails I get daily or weekly and always automatically delete. I am quite enjoying my present. You should all try it. One of those things about living simpler? Yeah, its fabulous.

And on that note, I've been going through boxes in my dad's basement. I have SO MUCH crap. I've know this for a while. The realization of it struck me again though, after living fairly simply up in Chicago. Of course, I'm bringing about 4 boxes of random stuff back with me in Henry. A lot of stuff is for the kitchen or stuff to decorate the apartment or make it more like home. Some of it is just pure random though. (A good bit of "randomness" went into a box for goodwill or the trashcan... I promise.)

I'm heading up to Johnson City for New Years to see a bunch of friends from college. I'll spend the 1st hanging out as well and then head back for the windy city after that. I'm not ready for the sub zero temperatures (it was 68 here today...). I am ready to be back in Chicago, though. I think bit by bit it is starting to be my home. :)

1 comment:

carlybish said...

I presume "Henry" is your car.

I never understood the idea of naming one's car... I just.. I don't get it!

I'm sorry...

Word verification thingy: vitiess

I kinda wanted to write "vitiness!" Because it sounds like a great noun! Like a new way to describe one's vitality! "You and all your vitiness!" Okay, I'm done...