Saturday, November 08, 2008

Pinky toes are RED, especially when they are COLD!



This is the view from my window. The trees are just gorgeous. Of course, the weather has turned cold again (and REALLY windy) so I am once again bundled up in sweaters and fuzzy blankets with stars on them. ;) The great irony, however, is that I am still in flip flops. This is partially due to the fact that I don't have much winter footwear... but mostly because my poor little pinky toe refuses all footwear besides flip flops. This also means no fuzzy socks for me. So sad... and cold!

So when you say your prayers tonight, say a little one (and I mean a really little one) for my toe and for the outcome of these blocks of ice as I trudge through piles of leaves. Oh the joy!!

In other news, it is a quiet weekend here on campus. I think we all have so much work to do and it is been rather dreary outside, that we are keeping indoors and buckling down. I worked on Greek this morning/afternoon. I did history last night. Later this afternoon I am hoping to retake the test I failed so he'll average them together and I'll have a semi-decent grade. I'm also finishing up my collage project on the Iconoclastic Controversy. Here, see what you think:

The title is buried in the middle: Iconoclasts & The Faces of the Modern Church: Redefined.

Like it? It had been so long since I had done a collage. I got two bottles of elmers glue and went to town. I felt like I was back in fourth grade picking the glue off my skin and pretending it was skin peeling. Remember those days? *Sigh* I do, I do.

4 comments:

carlybish said...

Love it. Love you. And your toe. And the rest of your toes as well (I don't want to leave them out)...

I always wanted to be able to collage. My best friend has always had a gift for it. But she doesn't paint like I do. So, maybe you can't do one or the other.

But it's awesome. And I hope your test goes well. You are awesome! And I miss you...

carlybish said...

And by "one or the other..." I meant to say "one AND the other..."

:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Car!! And yes, it is true, I have never been able to paint! Of course, it has to have something to do with what you are passionate about. I've seen my first few collages and they were TERRIBLE! haha.

Mama,
No, I shall rescue those shoes in a few weeks. I can't wait for you to be here. How much long must I wait!!!?
And yes, I made hot chocolate for myself yesterday. Yumm.... Today is a good day for the grilled cheese!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm know what I'm having for lunch now!

What's wrong with your pinky toe? It doesn't like shoes??