Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Life is not RED, unless you are having a case of the Mean Reds with Holly

"Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
Ive looked at life that way

Well somethings lost, but somethings gained
In living every day.

I've looked at life from both sides now."
-Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now

Yes, Joni. I've looked at life from both sides now. From up and down. Well, I haven't died and come back to life or anything so dramatic. In a way, however, I feel on top of things that I used to feel I was drowning in. There's something freeing about praying over your to-do list and for ONCE getting it done. I don't like praying over my to do lists or my goals for the day or week. It feels cheesy. It feels like I'm bugging God and asking her to help me with things I should be capable of all on my own.

Then again, it works...

I don't know what exactly it is. I have more focus. When I start to listen to music or do something random, my thoughts shift back to the task on hand. Normally at that point I would simply give up and say, "eh." I am the queen of procrastination. I've got it down. And despite how many people are diagnosed and misdiagnosed with A.D.D., I really think we've all got a little bit of it. It's human. We get distracted!

But I've actually been calling places. I'm getting my eyes checked tomorrow and hopefully figuring out some new glasses soon. I called my future (hopefully) CPE site. I'm working on the application. I did laundry. I went grocery shopping. And I even wrote a note to my old landlord. It feels good to be productive!! I had forgotten....

So, thanks for listening. I'm going to go eat some chicken casserole that I made today (yes, that grocery shopping thing is amazing) and read before class. :)

*Hugs*

No comments: