Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dirty Dancing is not red, it seems to be pink!

If you've known me for any good length of time, you know that I've been obsessed with Dirty Dancing my entire life. And no, that's really not an exaggeration. I've been watching the movie for as long as I can recall. (Yes, as far back as I can remember, I have been watching Dirty Dancing. It has only been in the later part of my life that I ever realized all the subplots. When I was little, I just liked the dancing.)

....I was thrilled to find out it was going BROADWAY. And even more thrilled when Dad and I got tickets for his birthday visit to see the show during its pre-broadway run in Chicago. Sweet!

It completely lived up to my expectations and exceeded them! I was grinning and squealing the entire time. They had all the really good lines and the amazing scenes. I was fascinating with the set that cleverly employed modern technology (think about all the scene changes in the movie...). The guy playing Billie was phenomenal. Amazing singer. Really talented actor. (Whit, I promise I will look up his name and ask you about him soon). The show was just really, really fun. We had a good time.

Bonus: I am now the proud owner of a Kellerman's shirt. Watch for its appearance on my person soon. ;)

No comments: