Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Story People are Read, and they please the soul

I made it through today...

So of course all that conversation about balance has completely changed the day. Had a somewhat rough night last night and didn't sleep too well. Woke up at 6AM and knew that I needed to sleep a little longer so I got up at 7am. I've lost my ability to sleep in. I just CANNOT sleep in anymore. So sad...

Anywho, ate a good breakfast, went to yoga (which is really just stretching...), then to class, to chapel, to lunch, and home to study. When I got tired of being here alone and studying, I called up Sasha and we went for a walk! See the balance? The quiet/alone/reflective/study/indoor time then social/play/active/spontaneous/nature time? Oh, the amazing other balance I had forgotten yesterday that was profound: new vs familiar. I love it! So many different ways to balance.

Also fabulous about today was that I was introduced to Story People. Some of you may have received e-cards from me through them today. I love the quotes. They are quirky and they make me feel normal. Kind of like being around family - it explains a lot. Let me see if I can gather a handful of favorites (a steadily expanding category).

*If you can't laugh at yourself, my grandpa told me, you're not doing enough stupid things. I told him I didn't usually run out of stupid things, but it's hard to laugh that long at anything.

*Hoping something will happen soon, so she can sit down & watch it with a fresh bowl of popcorn.

*I like this place best by moonlight, she told me. During the day, it just looks like dirt.

* I don't think of it as working for world peace, she said. I think of it as just trying to get along in a really big strange family.

* For a long time, she flew only when she thought no one else was watching.

So, go check 'em out. I might have to get some notecards to feed my addiction. *Sigh* The office supply fetish raves on....

No comments: