Thursday, September 25, 2008

Is Delta RED?

Before I lived in Chicago, I liked airports. I liked traveling. I enjoyed it.

...wait, scratch that. I have and will always enjoyed traveling... with people.

Unfortunately, this is one of those things I get to do on my own. Yes, I get to "grow from this experience." This by myself traveling, parking, figuring it out ain't fun at all. Just when I had Midway all figured out, I have to fly out of O'hare for this synod retreat. On top of that, I have to fly into the Atlanta airport and figure out how to get to the hotel where the retreat is. Mmhmm. I have so much sympathy for any of you that have ever traveled alone. SO much.

Expect phone calls tomorrow from me, friends. Expect phone calls where all I need you to do is tell a story or just listen to me ramble so I can fumble around in the airport and find where I'm supposed to go... and look less like more of an idiot because I'm on the phone. *Laughs*

In other news, L, Abi, and Kels are coming to visit me Saturday afternoon when my little retreat thing is over. I CAN'T WAIT!! I get lots of good quality time before I have to flip the whole insane trip around and come back here, to my home. :D I'm smiling, I assure you.

And beneath the smile, my chest is all tight and I'm nervous about it. The driving and finding my way part - not the flying part. That's the easiest part of the whole trip. All I have to do is sit back and watch the people here in Chicago get smaller and smaller until they are all just clouds. Yay.

Until Monday, then, I bid you farewell. Hamilton will stay at home. Books to read for book reports due next week will come with me. Perhaps even a little Greek. Or maybe just the flash cards...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

You'll be fine. This single traveller know it fo' sure. Embrace the liberated traveller feeling...not the panic attack/can't breathe/where's the bathroom/help me i'm a girl/ feeling

Pam (Adell) Williams said...

Hey girl! O'Hare is big...as well as Atlanta, but you'll be fine! I've only flown 1 time with family, the rest of the times in college I flew alone, and I've survived! I actually enjoyed! O'Hare isn't hard to get to, just some traffic on the way due to construction. I hope you have a good time on your retreat, I could definitely use one right now!