Monday, September 22, 2008

Greek pronouns and groceries are not RED, they are... many things

So do you ever have those weekends where you feel like you SHOULD (and yes, should is a word I SHOULD not use anymore...) be doing something important or productive or social... and you don't. At all. Like, not even a little bit?

I just had one. Well, the end of Sunday was a bit better because I actually had to be productive for class and my Internet was down (totally a God thing, I know it). Today was even better. Mostly because of the fabulous, wonderful package I got from my W's. Beautiful fuzzy homemade blankets, a picture book, star scrapbook paper, pictures, cookies, stickers and tattoos, john cusack (just a DVD... not the man himself; though I'd gladly accept...), and all of it covered in stars and luv. The package got to LSTC on Friday and someone had it and didn't let me know. So I had to wait until after chapel today to get it. Of course, I'm walking out with this package that is covered with star stickers and people are like, woah, is it your birthday...? Ha!

Thanks Blu and Co. I LOVE it. I really, really loved hearing Mads talk on the phone though. Incredible! I thought she wasn't allowed to grow up when I was gone.... but, I can't wait til it gets nice and cold to use BOTH blankets at the same time. One of them has Ariel AND stars on it. How perfect?! I know. I'm loved.

On that note, I was putting my itunes on random play this weekend and came across old favorites like Beck, Alanis, Tori, Josh Groban, and Amy Grant. Lol. Really random mix, I know. But the song that stood out and got stuck in my head was Alanis' "Unsexy." I promise I'm not trying to evoke pity, but the words fit. "I can feel so unsexy for someone so beautiful; so unloved for someone so fine. I can feel so boring for someone so interesting; so ignorant for someone of sound mind." How great is Alanis? Yeah, I need to get that new CD...

In other news, I went to the grocery store successfully, today (I know, SO productive - I had to make up for this weekend!). My new plot to make it easier: find the girl that packs groceries into as few bags as possible; illegally park in front of my apartment; put the bags just inside my front door (locked); and THEN go park the car and walk back. Worked SO well that I think grocery shopping might not be so heinous next time.

Okay, I really must go study greek. Pronouns anyone??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I miss you and the total randomness and beautiful flow of your thoughts and words.
have a good one, sweet girl/ woman,.Sil says hi too.
KBW

Whitney said...

yay for creative solution to grocery problem