Monday, August 11, 2008

My school is not RED, but it ROCKS

So I called my school on Friday. Just to ask a few questions about parking, books, laundry, mailing boxes there, my class, etc. No one answered. I left a message and forgot about it. Today I get a call from "UNAVAILABLE" on my phone. I rarely answer these but felt like it would be a good idea. Low and behold: the fabulous co-director of the Financial Aid and Admissions office as LSTC. Hurrah!

I got all of my little questions in. All of them. Could I park there? (Yes, on the street for free at my own risk or in the parking garage for $30 a month.) How many are in the incoming class? (50.) From my synod? (3, including myself.) Could I receive mail there/mail myself boxes? (Yes, all mail can be addressed to me at the school's address - LSTC, 1100 East 55th Street, Chicago, IL 60615 - we are small enough that my name is all one will need!) Laundry facilities at the apartment complex or off campus? (In each courtyard, with my access card.) When is everyone else moving in? (Next week, just like me. Though some are already there. Yay!) International kids? (5 in my incoming class.) How can I bank there? (This is yet to be fully addressed though I am sure making my coffee shop paycheck automatic deposit will be a huge help.)

I feel SO much better. Don't you?

No comments: