Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ask me Monday

So that church I like? Interviewed last night. The pastor said I should feel confident in how it went. But my brain doesn't operate that way. Where my head is going?

OhmygodifIgetthejob..... I will have to work so hard and I don't even know exactly how to do the job I am about to be employed to do except that I can love people to the best of my ability and after all that is what is most important but what about those job specific things that I learned in seminary or was supposed to learn but what if I was sick that day and will I come across as a total fool who has no idea what she is doing and make them regret that they hired me.....

See that run on sentence? That's my brain right now. My brain on post-interview.

I will hear back from the church after Sunday. There were at least two other candidates. It is hard not to think of them and wonder if they too are feeling called to this place and this ministry. Are they better qualified? More interested? Married? Babies? Does that mean they should be the family and youth minister?

I apologize. I am rambling again.

And sometimes, well a lot of the last day, I just get too overwhelmed and I have to stop thinking about it. So for all of you who have asked me how it went and I didn't respond... I don't have a response yet. Ask me Sunday. Or Monday. Monday would be good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs and more prayers. Love Aunnt B.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love you!

Nikki said...

You are awesome and your church will be thrilled to have you. I do the same thing you do, but we are both wrong. much love and many baby kisses!

Nikki said...

You are awesome and your church will be thrilled to have you. I do the same thing you do, but we are both wrong. much love and many baby kisses!