Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mindfulness

Of all I have learned of the major religions that govern our great world, I believe they each try to teach a way to be present to the present. In Hinduism they call it mindfulness. It is all over Buddhism as a way to avoid suffering. And in Christianity, we have Christ telling us that he IS. To not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.

I'm enjoying my summer. I got to travel to Germany. I got to bless the marriage of my brother and his new wife. In Florida. On the beach. And now I get to be in TN with friends and family. What more could a woman want?

Oh, a job, right? In the midst of my mindfulness... I remember that I am waiting. Waiting through a transition. Waiting for not only a job, but a move, a new place to call home, a new set of friends, a congregation to love and do ministry with, and even a pet of my very own.

I have a phone call conversation with the lead pastor of a church tomorrow. Hopefully after that, an interview with the call committee will follow. Keep me in your prayers. I'm really excited about this one...


1 comment:

K said...

I love this picture. Just a beginning for you.....