Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recovery Day

For me, recovery days are crucial. I am an introvert which means that while I do adore people and being around them, I have to come home to recharge and find my center again. So trips like these with large groups (52 total on my Luther tour) are especially taxing to my person. Last night I arrived back in Stuttgart to my home away from home. Sleeping in, delicious pastries from the corner bakery, and lots of time to play Castleville.... ;)

More (instagrammed) pics from the trip:

Delicious beer continues to abound.

Woah huge pretzel! From the green market in Munich. My dear Carolyn and I.

That's me. And that's Luther's room at the Wartburg. HOLY SHIT.

From the Bach house in Eisenach. This is showing how they did facial reconstruction from a skull they hoped was Bach's. Turns out... totally was. I am fascinated by things like this. Or I've watched too many episodes of Bones.

The stained glass windows that inspired Luther's rose!

No comments: