Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Martin Luther is my LOVE

I am in Wittenberg.

I am actually IN Wittenberg.

Luther was in Wittenberg.

Actually IN Wittenberg.

I squealed like a little girl getting off the bus. We see the city tomorrow. Tonight was check in, supper, lecture, and compline. The seminarians (former seminarians as all 7 of us graduated) went for a beer at a beer garden to watch Germany kick some Netherlands ass. GO GOMEZ!

Ahem....

The East Side Gallery. Something like 100 artists from around the world came to paint a portion of the original wall. It is approx. a mile long. The panels are... amazing. And to see where the Berlin Wall stood... is powerful. This was one of my favorites.

The wall.


And speaking of the wall. This is at Checkpoint Charlie. 


The gorgeous, gorgeous blue glass and interior of the Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church.


And once again, I am in Wittenberg. Watched the game. Drank a beer. HELLO!





2 comments:

Nikki said...

How I miss Europe during the world cup and you!

Nikki said...

How I miss Europe during the world cup and you!