Thursday, September 22, 2011

Deadlines

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. 
Douglas Adams

1. Last Thursday, my Approval Essay was due. I turned it in Friday at 4. Only the recipient's mail box was full. So I tried to e-mail it to a second person via my cell phone. On Monday, I get a tap on the shoulder after chapel. Wanna turn that in? Oh, I sent it already. Nope, you didn't. Okay, sorry, I'll resend it.

On Tuesday, I find that neither the first, nor the second email got sent from my phone. This increases my hate for my phone. I now have upset the person trying to get this (now very late) paper. I e-mail it from my laptop. Success.

2. I also needed to turn in my project evaluation from internship. I keep forgetting. The recipient keeps asking. I keep forgetting when I am near my computer. I email it from my computer during one of my classes on Wednesday.

3. I was one of the brilliant people who decided to present an exegesis paper in my Gospel of John class on the third week of class (God bless those who went the second week). That's basically a biblical research paper. This was due Tuesday at noon. I sent it in at 11:59. Then my roommate graciously printed the papers and walked them to the professors while I went back to babysitting.

4. For my Monday afternoon class, I neglected to get the reading done (see #3). And I completely forgot that there is a reflection due on our reading at the start of each class. I have yet to email this in.

5. Monday evenings are also the time to turn in another reading reflection, this for a class that meets on Thursday. I never did it. See #3.

6. As I'm remembering about the reading journal for the Thursday class, I remember that I failed to email or print the paper due last Thursday. I just sent in the electronic copy. I'll hook the printer up in a bit and print that tonight. Or perhaps tomorrow...

FML.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

As you might can tell from me reading this a week + later, I feel your pain. I have this pretty google calendar for work of deadlines and when I'm supposed to turn drafts in to my supervisor and such and whoosh they say as they pass by and I have yet to start them. Oh well.