Wednesday, March 09, 2011

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

What does one do when one plans a (Shrove Tuesday pancake) party to which no one shows? Take it as a personal insult? Chock it up to busy lives where people forget or get busy?

More specifically, how does one not take it is a personal insult and instead accept that lives get crazy and people forget?

No, seriously. How?

I'm trying to think of how I could have invited people differently, made more explicit invites, sent confirmation e-mails or texts, etc. Is it my fault that no one showed up to my little party? Bad party idea? Bad party night? Bad host?!@*#

...that might make me feel worse.

I want my TN and Chicago friends back.

7 comments:

Bloodrelative said...

take it as a learning experience for some creative future brainstorming. and get busy planning a party for the Chicago peeps (I'm thinking we can run some rockin' recess times next fall)

Angel said...

Your Tennessee/Chicago Friends miss you too. Come back soon? We'll throw you a party, and we'll definitely be there. Sorry 'bout your Pancakes... kinda sounds like our Halloween party this past fall. You just go on.

Pam said...

Your NY family wants you too! I really look forward to getting to hang out again sometime...hopefully this summer! Jared's lucky to have you as a cousin!

Sara W said...

I was born and raised a Lutheran. Would you believe this is the first year I have ever heard of Shrove Tuesday and I have no idea what it is...
Maybe people were busy. Maybe two church nights in a row were too much. Maybe they didn't know what it was... In all the possible things to imagine - never once would it occur to me that it might have something to do with wonderful you!

Laura said...

For what it's worth, I planned a (non-Shrove Tuesday) party IN Tennessee, and still, no one showed.

I think some people are meant to be inviters, and some people aren't. I've learned that I'm not. And it sucks.

Nikki said...

They're dumb and don't know what an awesome cook you are! I miss having Thursday breakfast with you! I'd love it on a Tuesday instead any time!

Kimberly said...

If I had a ton of money and no babies to haul with me, I would have flown in for that party!