Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Annoyance

I take it as beautiful irony that I preached about the blessing of community on Sunday and am annoyed with everyone in my community today. Okay, not everyone. I just had a lovely lunch with a friend and this morning, the two elders I sat down with to read the funnies were lovely. Everyone else = annoying.

I've been contemplating the great divide between being a solo pastor or part of a team. This is especially interesting today when I'm feeling annoyed with so many people and would prefer to work alone. On the other hand, I so value the team part of ministry. So I'm doing a pros and cons for kicks.

Pros and Cons of Solo Ministry
+Don't have to deal with other people
+Get to make decisions on your own
-Have to make decisions on your own
+Smaller congregation --> family structure
+Struggle to have lay participation
-You are responsible for every Sunday

Pros and Cons of Team Ministry
-Have to deal with other people's opinions
+Get to have pastoral input
+Not up to you to make all decisions
+Typical a larger congregation --> more lay ministry
+More diversity of programs
+Shared responsibility for Sundays = more Sundays off for me


Hm... can't think now.

No comments: