Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Past and Present

I think I could start every post with an apology for not posting more often. But you'll forgive me dear readers, right?

I just got back from a lovely trip south for good friends and family. One of my good friends got married last weekend and I got to be there in FL to celebrate with him! I'm only jealous I can't get to know his beautiful bride more. I did get to spend some fabulous time with my coffee shop friends (they're family - let's be honest). Then we traveled back up to Chattanooga so I could have a day or two to visit with everyone else I love there. The problem is I never seem to have enough time. This was also the case with my Nashville visit but I did get lots of quality sibling time and a full day with each of the parents. Splendid.

One of the more extraordinary parts of my visit to TN was the fact that I did a blast through my past by visiting my college, visiting my high school, and driving past my middle school. Really enjoyed visiting the high school as I went to see two of my favorite teachers. Got to catch up with them. It was seriously strange walking down those hallways with all those little bitty kids though! Was I that small? Yes, yes I'm sure I was. I felt so grown up THEN but it doesn't seem right in comparison to how grown up I feel now. I know that feeling will continue to frequent my body, though, so I guess I best get used to it?

Good to see how much I've changed and how much I am still unshakably ME. That's the best part about visiting the past, right? Noting the change or lack thereof?

On a side note, despite concentrated efforts to throw off the familial opinion that I am a klutz/ditz, I left my cell phone in my mother's car when she dropped me off at the airport. So if you'd like to get in touch with me this week, please email (or stop by if you are able).

All the best. (insert comment to post more often here)

No comments: