Sunday, March 29, 2009

Personal Values vs Jesus Christ?

Well, I thought I'd give online dating a go. I did the whole match.com thing in my younger days and got tired of the 40 something guys trying to send me messages. Just creepy, right? So I stayed clear of online dating sights.

So on a whim, I decided to try eharmony. Interesting so far the array of opinions about it. Some have found true love. Others have found losers. Others seem to think I'm a loser for even trying it. So there ya go!

What I'm actually enjoying the MOST, however, are why the matches get "closed." I haven't closed any myself because I think I could give any of them a chance. Or maybe it is that in these first 15 guys, eharmony hasn't yet listed one that is that terrible?

My favorite reason/excuse so far is this one that says our personal values are too different. So I went back to see what this one guy's priorities were. Check it out:

The three things which M* is most thankful for:

  • Jesus Christ
  • Family and Friends
  • The ability to learn
Do you see why I'm laughing? Yes... our values are SO different. I don't love Jesus, my family, or my friends. I also hate learning. Yup, that sums me up. We are MUCH to different buddy.

Really, I have decided there needs to be an option that reads:
"I'm closing the match because you have decided to be a pastor. This is odd seeing as you are a WOMAN and women can't lead in God's church. I learned that in a bible study because I love Jesus and I go to bible studies." (Sorry, was that bitter?)

Or it might read something like this:
"I'm closing the match because you are too liberal. I could never be with a woman who supports the gays... or who wants to be a leader in the church." *runs screaming away from me making the sign of the cross*

It is a shame that M* loves Jesus but thinks our values are too different. I hope and pray that no one in his family turns out to be gay. Then again, that would lead him to his third favorite thing... LEARNING. Odd, isn't it? Laughable? Well, I certainly think so.

Then again, I purposefully included my more "liberal" side in the extra information section so that I wouldn't start fancying a silly boy who didn't like women or LGBTQ in the church... but who says he loves Jesus.

*Sigh* Okay, back to studying!


*Name not given to protect the silly.

2 comments:

carlybish said...

I still think eHarmony is way better than other online dating sites.

You should close someone else and list the reason as, "You're a man! Gross!" Or something that would totally freak them out!

Emily Anne Carson said...

Hey beautiful! Way to go, you! I've heard great things about eharmony. And if I wasn't about to move, I'd probably try it, too. Thanks for sharing your experiences. You are one fantastic catch!