Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Leaving reality behind is the best and worst part of a vacation....

Do you ever notice that you have to get more stressed out to go on a vacation? I hate that...

I've got 20 million things to do tomorrow. Some I want to do, others I have to do, and other things I should do. Then I am already NOT doing other things. So... this better be worth it!!!! I'm still a little shocked I'm going to be in California tomorrow. Okay, I'm very shocked. I never do these spontaneous little trips. That and the fact that I'm generally a poor college kid doesn't really help my anxiety about the trip.

I know what you are saying in your heads - "relax! Don't worry about! Just go and have a great time!" But that's my general stance and I think that's why I'm so anxious. I have been so focused on everything else this week, knowing that I had this to look forward to (and plan ahead for) that I've neglected to let my head prepare for it.

I'm sure something else should be said about trips also being exactly when you need them to be? Well for once, this would have been an amazing weekend to chill here and breathe. Ah, well. I have time to snap out of it on the 4+ hour plan ride. Oh that reminds me... I need to pack a book and some sudokus!

Have a great weekend. I'll catch you next week. :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Have Fun on your trip!! I'll see you in less than 2 weeks!! I can't wait!