Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas movies make me smile...

Greetings!!

Well, we had snow here in TN for one day. Then it all melted away and we had weather in the 50's. So spectacularly bizarre! Apparently when Kevin, KJ, and I left Chicago to go to Texas, TN, and California, we took the cold weather with us. Strange, isn't it?

So I've been bumming around for a few days. My best friend and I went shopping. I found boots for Chicago! Waterproof, black, furry on the inside, calf length perfection! I am quite excited. To top it off, my mother got me a fabulous black coat from Land's End for Christmas. It is warm... and I LOVE it. God bless down jackets and their cozy warmth.

I've been chilling in the lazy boy, too. I recorded a bunch of movies on mom's TIVO and have been watching a few movies a day. Let's see... I've watched A Family Stone, A Lot Like Love, Just Friends (and thought of how much my coffee shop friends used to quote it - George...), A Christmas List, A Boyfriend for Christmas (it was Hallmark - I couldn't resist), and Enchanted. I still have yet to watch Elf, White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, and Meet Me In St. Louis. So much to do...

Perhaps I'll take a break and update this blog... give it a makeover for the new year? Yes, I think I shall.

2 comments:

carlybish said...

Oh my gosh! Just Friends! Yes, we love that movie... And I am ashamed to watch it with friends because George CANNOT STOP reciting the lines as we watch it! Or saying dumb stuff like, "Oh my gosh! This part is so funny! You gotta watch this part! It's my favorite!" and then proceeds to recite the funny scene, line for line, word for word...

I married him, so I guess I should just take responsibility for my actions, huh?

Oy... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Word Verification: "trinabio" (??)

stephanie said...

'just friends' is in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. not even kidding. everything about that movie makes me laugh. it has a great soundtrack, too. not to mention... hellooooo ryan reynolds!

*ahem*

my favorite part is when they go ice skating. holy crap. almost peed my pants the first time i watched it.