Sunday, November 23, 2008

When the banjos battle...

So I decided to write a post while I wait for my flight to Chattanooga. Mostly, I thought I'd share my fears. This time, however, they are entirely OTHER than they were last time I visited O'hare.

First of all, I had the blessing of a friend dropping me off here instead of parking Henry somewhere and shuttling in. Oh the terror. (Thank you Jen!)

Second of all, I'm going home. I'm not going to some random hotel in downtown ATL to go to a conference I didn't really want to attend. This is home!!! (I had a message earlier today: “Come home to me, girl. It's been too long..”) Erxomai oikov!! (Greek lesson: erxomai means I am coming/going. Oikos is house/home. The -v ending on it means it is the direct object of the sentence. Get it? See Greek is easy...)

Third, and most entertaining, I think, is going back to the south in general. I just had the unfortunate circumstance to overhear a woman on the phone: “It don't. Naw, it don't.” It doesn't even matter what she was talking about. She might not have even said no in the middle, actually. I might have hill-bill-ified it for you. Regardless, it was said. And it struck fear in the heart of me. I'm going home!! Lord help me...

No comments: